Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Tut

Around fourteen years ago, Justin found an abandoned kitten living in the woodpile at his grandma's home in Illinois. Anyone who knows Justin can probably predict what happened next. The little kitten made the long ride back to South Carolina and found a new home with Justin and his roommate, Roger. He named the cat Tut because when he found him he was so thin and without hair that he looked like an Egyptian cat. Tut and Justin became best buddies very quickly. When I first met Justin, I used to get cracked up hearing Tut talk to him when he was low on food or needed something. Then, I came into the picture and Tut quickly won me over too. He could make me madder than anything with scratching my chairs, and we won't even go into detail about how much I loved his litter box. But, all in all he was a pretty special feline. He loved the kids and was so patient when they would pull at him as babies. Typically, you would find him curled up on one of their beds every night right before their bedtime. It was like he knew our routine and was just waiting for them to crawl into bed. Today we said goodbye to our sweet Tut Tut. When I was cleaning up Madeleine's bedroom on Thursday evening, I found a special book she had made for Tut on her desk. I guess this was how she was dealing with her emotions about Tut being sick.  We loved him very much, and we will never forget all of the special memories we had with him while he was with us. We love you, Tut!